Welcome to the Senior Resource Connect blog. You can visit the blog each Wednesday at 10am for the latest information about aging, caregiving, COVID, and local resources.

Housing options in Washtenaw County 


Housing is an issue that a lot of people faced even before Covid. Where can older adults look for housing that they can afford? How do you choose the best housing for you? 

Housing Assistance 

  • The first step in getting help with housing is to call Housing Access of Washtenaw County (HAWC). If you’re facing a housing crisis you can call HAWC at (734) 961-1999. 
  • Housing Bureau for Seniors offers housing counseling, eviction prevention, and foreclosure prevention. 
  • Ann Arbor Housing Commission (AAHC) seeks to provide desirable housing and related supportive services for low-income individuals and families on a transitional and/or permanent basis. 

Subsidized/Low-Cost Housing 

Independent Living 

Assisted Living 

Memory Care 

You can always look up housing resources using the Online Senior Resource Directory

Read more from the Senior Resource Connect Blog

vlad-sargu-ItphH2lGzuI-unsplash (1)

Staying Social As We Age


How Can We Protect Seniors from Elder Abuse?


Finish the Sentence for World Elder Abuse Awareness


Gambling & Older Adults

Untitled design

Happy Memorial Day from Senior Resource Connect