Welcome to the Senior Resource Connect blog. You can visit the blog each Wednesday at 10am for the latest information about aging, caregiving, COVID, and local resources.

Flooding Resources

flood clipart free download clip art on icon flood free - Theheretic

Washtenaw County experienced severe storms on June 25-26, 2021, which resulted in flooding for many residents. Below is a list of local resources to help with cleanup and the general aftermath of the storms. Please note that the deadline for applying for flood assistance payment is Thursday, August 19!

Clean up 


Financial Assistance 

  • Washtenaw County is asking residents to self-report on damage. Click here to access online form
  • Apply for aid by FEMA online at or Additionally, you can apply by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired 7 a.m.-9 p.m. seven days a week. The deadline to register for FEMA aid is September 13, 2021. 
  • Governer Whitmer announced that Wayne, Washtenaw residents affected by flood can apply for one-time flood assistance payment (Deadline: August 19) 
  • Red Cross may be able to offer financial assistance, but first must complete a damage assessment to determine that a home has suffered major damage or is destroyed for a household to receive assistance. If your home has not been inspected already, please call the Red Cross at 1-800-RedCross (733-2767). You will then be assigned a caseworker, and the Red Cross will send out a damage assessment team to assess your home. 
  • The State of Michigan is providing up to $1,500 per household to families and individuals facing conditions of flooding that threatens health and safety. To get access to funds individuals must complete a State Emergency Relief application at their local MDHHS office or online through MiBridges. Click here to find an office near you
    • Required documents include proof of income, proof of assets (cash on hand, bank account amounts, etc.), birth certificates, social security cards and repair estimate and proof of home ownership.  
  • The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services may be able to assist with rent or relocation costs in certain situations. Click here for more information 

Food Assistance 

Mental Health Support 

General Assistance 

Read more from the Senior Resource Connect Blog

vlad-sargu-ItphH2lGzuI-unsplash (1)

Staying Social As We Age


How Can We Protect Seniors from Elder Abuse?


Finish the Sentence for World Elder Abuse Awareness


Gambling & Older Adults

Untitled design

Happy Memorial Day from Senior Resource Connect